Thursday, February 3, 2011

Your Next Must Read! Cutting For Stone


This was my favorite book in recent memory. I read a lot so the ones that are sort of 'eh' - I don't even remember that I read them years down the line. This one I won't forget.

The premise doesn't at all capture the essence of the book, but I'll give it a shot. Twins are born, and quasi-orphaned, in Ethiopia to an Indian nun and an English doctor in a Catholic mission hospital. Sharing a special bond but with vastly different personalities, the twins grow up in the hospital amidst disease and illness and miracles, civil unrest, and heavy life lessons. I won't give away any of the story, but it's an incredibly sentimental, lovely book. Literally I fell in love with all of the characters and hated to see it end.

Amazing book. I just passed it on to Beth and now, Martha Stewart is reading it too! So be sure it's next on your list!

Cutting for Stone on This Week for Dinner

Do yall have any must reads? I'm currently reading A Visit From The Goon Squad and it's really good/edgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment