Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weekly Menu for Feb.16th

Happy Hump Day!

Alex and I babysat for our cousin Polo this weekend, so that they could go on a romantic Valentines date. Polo and Venesa decided to return the favor by giving us some bacon straight from a local smokehouse. I cannot wait to make the Carbonara this weekend!

I had to push back some items from last week, because we did end up eating out for Valentines and ordering pizza while we babysat...

Monday: Eggplant Parmesan
Tuesday: General Tso's Chicken
Wednesday: Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Thursday: Shepherd's Pie
Friday: Tilapia & Asparagus
Saturday: Chicken Carbonara (http://blogchef.net/chicken-carbonara-recipe/)
Sunday: Left Overs

8 comments:

  1. me too! so sad not to see you eli!

    PS. don't forget to add some dijon to the Shepard's pie--michi's secret and was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Eli you HAVE to add the dijon to the shepherds pie. I've been making it for forever and it made all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also- that chicken carbonara looks bomb! Very different to how we make it at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh let me post- I sort of wing it these days so it'll all be approximations.

    The leftovers are amazing to have throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's dictated from michelle's mouth and its my new favorite meal. ever. i already bought the ingredients for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the carbonara is wayyy more decadent than mom's recipe. But so delicious!

    The Shepherd's Pie recipe that I used is this one http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_shepherds_pie/.

    But it was the first time I made it, so i'd love to use yours next time, Michi, since its tried and true :)

    ReplyDelete