Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weekly Menus on Wednesday... Meh- why not?

Rules are made to be broken. If my week starts on Wednesday, I'm just that much closer to the weekend, right?? Below is my menu, nothing too exciting as I'm trying to get used to adding new go-tos to the weekly rotation.

Monday: Sushi
Tuesday: Spaghetti and homemade turkey meat sauce
Wednesday: Salmon- probably simple prep with rice. Haven't decided yet...
Thursday: Dijon Pork Chops- I still haven't made these. Poor guys have been sitting in my freezer.)
Friday: Chicken in White Sherry sauce- Got the sherry!!
Saturday: PW's Chicken + Dumplings

I like making casseroles or serious comfort food recipes on the weekends. What are you guys cooking this week??

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, PW's dumplings-- delish!

    I'm going back to report on the weekend a bit since I was a busy-bee in the kitchen.

    Saturday: Michi's Dijon Pork Chops! These were so delicious and felt gourmet even though they were really easy. Adding as a "go-to".

    Sunday Morning: Egg-in-the-hole French Toast. As JP said, "How have we been dating for 3 years and you've NEVER made this for me?!" It was such a delicious breakfast. I made savory french toast (eggs, orange juice, vanilla, milk, cinnamon) and made sure the egg-in-the-hole was runny, drizzled with syrup and dashed with powdered sugar.My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

    Sunday Night: BBQ Chicken Pizza. I followed our girl's PW recipe-- she knocks off CPK. It was fun. We also made a fresh mozzarella and basil pizza too! Mmmm Pizza!

    Monday Night: Turkey Tenders! I posted the link to this recipe last week from Cooking Light. They were really good-- tasted a lot like McD's chicken nuggets! If you're ever craving a good fix of friend chicken, these will definitely curb the craving at a fraction of the grease.

    Tuesday Night: Taco Cups! A go-to favorite.

    Wednesday: Hospital- Leftovers

    Thursday: Scuba Class--dinner out

    Friday: EXTRA VIRGIN!! Extra Virgin is one of my all time favorite NYC restaurants. I've been craving it and we're taking friends that have never been!

    Saturday: Salmon with yogurt dill and cucumber sauce. We've been craving this--one of my go to's!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou, I think you need to share the yogurt dill and cucumber sauce recipe. I've been craving salmon something fierce lately... spill!

    ReplyDelete