Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quiche Night Photo Post!

Ryan and I called each other after work from the grocery store(s). I was at the Central Market (which is just like another Whole Foods) north of our house, and he was at the Central Market south of our house. We were both shopping for quiche ingredients at the same store and didn't plan it! How funny right??

We decided to make 2 so we can have breakfast/lunch leftovers for the next couple days, and because I wanted a veggie quiche and he wanted meat. We cheated a little and used store bought pie crust. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to save a little time.

Quiche 1:
BABY SPINACH, GREEN ONION, SMOKED GOUDA

Quiche 2:
CHORIZO & MANCHEGO


Sauteed green onions (1/2 C.) & baby spinach (3 C.)



Topped with 3/4 C. grated smoked gouda



Cooked chorizo (3/4 C. or 1 link) with green onions and manchego



Topped with eggs (8 total), lowfat milk (2 C.), salt, pepp


Baked in oven at 350 for approx. 40-45 mins. Let rest for 10-15 mins.



Served w/ mixed green salad w/ balsamic dressing and tomatoes (not for Ryan- he doesn't like raw tomatoes)

Sooo DELISH! Highly recommend.

1 comment:

  1. How funny!! What a great dinner, too! I love me a good quiche- might be one of my favorite foods. I'll have to try the chorizo/manchego one!!

    ReplyDelete