Friday, January 28, 2011

TGIF!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

It's the dead of winter in NYC and I'm jealous of all the lovlies living (and visiting) CA who are basking in the sunshine right now. Yesterday I had to walk 1.5 miles to get to work in 20" of snow! It was insane. I was buddled up in a hat, mittens, scarf, and Hunter boots, so I was happy as a clam and the Park was stunning.

The clean, white snow doesn't last for long. Today (as I zoomed by on my usual bus route--thanks MTA for getting back on the road) it was already looking black and gross. But those moments yesterday were glorious--a true Winter Wonderland!

I've been bad about my cooking this week. Last night was out for sushi with friends, and previous nights were leftovers and a Lean Pocket--yum! This weekend I'm planning on doing a big trip to the grocery store (trips to the grocery store in NYC are abnormally BIG and exciting events) to load up on supplies for a week of home-made, warm meals! On the list...

-- A big pot of White Chili (http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/white_chili/)-- I hope it's as good as Beth's Chili recipe that she posted last night
-- Meatloaf-- to curb that craving
-- Chicken Tamale Casserole (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001854020)
-- Baked Chicken and Sweet Potato Fries-- inspired by Michi's post earlier this week!

Mmmmmm...now my mouth is watering. Tuesday, I'm dragging the boy on a NYC date night and I'm SO excited! I got 2 tickets to Jersey Boys on Broadway!!! When you live in NYC you never take advantage of all the shows out your backdoor, so I jumped on a 2 for 1 deal! I have heard great things about it and can't wait. Stay tuned for a full recap.

Leaving you with this image that I stumbled across. I couldn't agree more...


tumblr_lf0pdv4D121qzol4do1_500

XOX,
Lou.

No comments:

Post a Comment