Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut-Curry Sauce Recipe Review

Good morning! I'm not 100% awake yet. Totally faking it until my coffee kicks it! In the meantime, I'll write about tilapia :)




On to the recipe. This was awesome- the flavors were spot on and exactly what I wanted out of it. Spicy, sweet, super flavorful. A couple of things to note:

- The end product didn't really look like the above picture, but that didn't take away from the flavor at all. It was delicious.
- Next time, I would only use 1/2 a can of coconut milk and just adjust the seasoning as I go. It made a ton of sauce- not that I complained, it's delicious sauce. But we tossed out more than half at the end of it.
- I served this with mashed potatoes. For some reason, white fish with mashed potatoes is super comfort for me. Supa comfort. But I think serving with rice would make for a more authentic Thai dish if you're going for that sort of thing.

Definitely put it on your menu if you've got some frozen tilapia fillets to use up or if you find another white fish that's on sale.

1 comment:

  1. My Tilapia was lame in comparison to this! I did a light pan fry with cornmeal crust and then topped it with some tomitillo salsa. It lacked flavor and left me wanting peanut butter toast. Which I ate.

    Next time, this is on the menu.

    ReplyDelete