Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lou's Weekly Menu - Week of 2/14/16

Hi!

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day to you all! We didn't do much around here-- a bike ride to River Oaks Donuts and then a donut party in the park with our friends. We were going to go out to dinner, but B didn't nap so I pulled an audible (nothing worse than dining out with an overtired toddler...or just a toddler in general ;) So I threw some brats on the grill with an arugula side salad (fresh lemon juice and a little parm). I used to hate arugula but am really loving it lately. B even ate it too!
Saturday we ventured to the Katy Mills Mall. Whoa. That was exciting. I scored a few awesome things for the kids at Neimans outlet (Splendid and EGG brands), but I don't think we will need to go back anytime soon. And last night we went out with friends to Provisions (of Pass & Provisions). I had heard good things and was excited to try, but it kind of fell flat for us. The dishes were weird and we left full, but not in a satisfied way. Hate "wasting" calories like that.

Also, did everyone see this article in the NYTIMES this past weekend-- 36 hours in Houston. You guys grew up in such a hip place!

Ok, up this week:

Monday: OUT
Tuesday: Stuffed Peppers (JP hates bell peppers so I just made these for myself. I already ate about half the filling and it was delicious. Think this might become a new staple. Only 4 WW pts!)
Wedensday: Coconut Chicken Salad
Thursday: Out for a wine tasting party at JP's colleagues
Friday: One pan skillet turkey meatballs (I've made these before. They are easy and delicious.)
Saturday: Birthday celebrations- out with friends to a surprise location

Michi, good luck with all your travel! Have fun with Beth and super adorable Reed!

X

2 comments:

  1. i love arugula SO MUCH. on basically ANYTHING. couldn't get enough of it when i was preggo with reedster.

    bummer about Provisions... i've heard amazing things.

    have you been to Common Bond yet?

    Houston is still seriously lacking in the boutique hotel department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Business opportunity?? :)

    I'm obsessed with arugula too - easy simple salad, on pizza (especially on pizza)...

    Those meatballs look awesome! I will add that to the list for the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete