Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Back in the Weekly Meal-Plan Saddle

Love having you guys back! Have missed you and your kitchen inspiration. I've been really making it a priority to cook since we've moved to Houston. It's so nice to have homemade meals. After putting on a million pounds during pregnancy, i've been attempting to cut back on carbs and fat. Unfortunately, according my measurements by the trainer at the gym this morning, I haven't been doing a very good job. SO, it's officially game on. Back on WW and hopefully when I stop breastfeeding (6 more weeks!) I'll be able to loose a good chunk-- my body seems to hold on to it when I'm producing milk which is probably good for baby but not good for the numbers on the scale.

Anyhoooo, I've been doing a lot of Skinnytaste recipes-- I bought the cookbook and love her website. I really love them bc they give you the WW pts and don't have anything "diet" about them. They are delicious, just without the extra calories.

Monday:Leftover Superbowl Chili -- not skinny but delicious
Tuesday: John traveling - individual skinny enchilada (I've totally caught the texmex bug from living down here). One corn toritlla filled with chicken (been making a big cockpot of shredded chicken every week), covered in green salsa, sprinkle a little low-fat cheese, and bake at 350 for 30 mins.
Wednesday: Acini di Pepe Soup- this is super delicious. I usually make with ground turkey to cut down on fat, but ground beef is way more decadent.
Thursday: Simple grilled pork chop and roasted butternut squash
Friday: BBQ Pulled Pork Sammie (sans bun for me)
Saturday: St Martins Gala. I haven't been to a black tie function in forever. Shopping for a dress feels like PROM. Everyone has warned me (including Lucia!) that Houston women get decked out for these things. Still working on a long dress, but it's hard to invest in such a piece when I'm still not at my finest. Have a few on hold at Tootsies. Wish me luck with that one....
Sunday: Valentine's Day! Probably out.

Big hugs to all,
Lou

1 comment:

  1. That soup looks so good!! I'm going to add that to the list for next week. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete