Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weekly Menus - July 9, 2012

Hey hey hey! And we're back! There's been a lot of travel, a lot of ordering in, and a lot of not going to the gym. That changes now! I'm doing the goals again, and the weeks are Monday-Sunday. So this week the goals are:

Gym: 4 times
Cooking: EVERY NIGHT! (fingers crossed I don't resort to PB&J one night but even that counts!)

Here's the ambitious menu for the week! I've allotted for two leftover days.

Monday: Spring Salad (apple, goat cheese, chicken, cranberry walnut vinaigrette) and Cauliflower soup
Tuesday: White Fish Special with Rice
Wednesday: Coconut basil chicken curry with Rice
Thursday: Shepherd's Pie
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Sweet and Fiery Pork Tenderloin
Sunday: Leftovers; Black Bean Soup; quesadillas

I also started a new system. With a composition notebook, I'll be writing down my grocery list on the left and my weekly menu on the right. That way as I'm planning my menu, I'll make sure I have everything and throughout the week, I can jot down what we need or what I'm inspired to cook for next week. We'll see how that goes.

What are yall up to?

3 comments:

  1. hereee we go, back on track. i cannot commit to the gym 4x a week BUT i did sign up for a very fancy pilates studio and i'm trying to go 3x a week. that reformer machine is RIDIC... so difficult! the classes are never super convenient time-wise but it's kinda nice that when i have class, i can just worry about my own dinner and not cooking for 2 or going to the store. here's what's on my menu--

    Sunday: order in pizza (lazyyy)
    Monday: mixed greens w/ basil pesto and tuna
    Tuesday: greek salad early, pilates at 7. ryan's going to have spaghetti with melissa and tyler
    Wednesday: it's Blues on the Green so we don't have much time at the house, so mushroom/poblano tacos it is
    Thursday: i think ryan wants to make steak, potatoes, and beet salad. pilates at 7
    Friday: dinner at Ryan's boss's house (his wife is supa perfect and has a great blog- www.camillestyles.com)
    Saturday: Houston! i think dinner at Benjy's on washington with some peeps
    Sunday: I'll be driving back so I'm delegating dinner to Ryan

    can someone email me the link for the coconut basil chicken curry with rice? i wanna make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's sooo good! Louise tried once and didn't love it, but I make it at least once a month and it's one of our faves.

    http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/basil_chicken_in_coconut_curry_sauce/

    My changes:
    - The first group of ingredients is just curry powder, so that's what I use! I use it pretty liberally too.

    - I use dried basil leaves instead of fresh.

    - It's tough to predict, but make sure you get some hot jalapenos! Otherwise, the dish isn't really spicy and falls sort of flat. I usually add in 3 jalapenos just in case.

    That's it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To michi's point, I think we missed the spice part and it fell flat. The flavors were there, it just need a little "UMPH"

    ReplyDelete