Monday, June 25, 2012

The best chicken salad in the world!

Apricot almond chicken salad is one of my FAVES for lunch. Here's my recipe... I just kinda wing it on amounts and adjust as I taste.

  • 1 lb. chicken breast (salted/peppered, baked, cubed). I actually usually buy the tenders bc theyre cheaper and bake faster.
  • 5 celery stalks chopped
  • 5 green onions chopped
  • Sliced almonds
  • Mayo (I like reduced fat b/c it's not as gloopy and it makes my ass less gloopy as well)
  • Apricot preserves (you don't use a lotta mayo cause you use this instead)
  • Dried apricots chopped
I definitely didn't use all of the green onions pictured here. I just mix it all up! I usually do chicken first w/ a tiny bit o mayo, then celery and green onions, then I add some preserves and mix, then add the dried apricots, almonds, salt, and pepper, and I mix (and add additional preserves if necessary). I put it on some 100% Dark German whole wheat for lunch today... HEAVENNNN


1 comment:

  1. This is for reals the best chicken salad in the world. I made it for our July 4th picnic and it was a HUGE hit. Great leftovers too. I added some apple cider vinegar for a little punch and to counteract the sweetness of the apricots. I'm sure mustard would do the same. SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete