Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekly Menu + Last week's scores - 7/16

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Beth, can't wait to hear about the Houston festivities! We did a lot of furniture shopping and didn't accomplish a lot. Between sort of having to work, unproductive furniture shopping, and Amelia learning how to throw fits, it was kind of a stressful weekend. I demand a re-do! (I've definitely demanded this before in the past. My demands are not being met.) Here are my scores for last week. Sort of .... eh.

Gym: 2 times - 50%
Cooking: every night - 86% We went furniture shopping last Wednesday and came home too late to start cooking, so we ordered in this rotisserie chicken that is just too good for words. Any way, got 6 out of 7 nights. Not too bad!

This week: Same goals as last-
Gym: 4 times
Cooking: every night

I failed to mention last week that Will is starting to take his lunch to work everyday. It's been fun putting together his lunch in the mornings. So he watches/plays with Amelia while he's getting ready and making the bed. I make lunch and fix us breakfast, and we eat together before he takes off. Last week I wasn't totally prepared so he sort of ate me out of the house :) This week, I've already made this tortellini salad which we added chicken to. I'm also making this tuscan tuna salad. My office is officially open starting tomorrow (EEK!) so I'll start bringing my lunch as well. Apart from the above salads, we have sandwich meats and leftovers planned to get us through the week. Below is our menu!

Monday - Spaghetti and Meatballs (frozen Costco kind- so good and easy since Will is in class until 10pm)
Tuesday - Fish Sticks with baked sweet potato fries
Wednesday - Roasted Chicken and White Beans
Thursday - Chancho en pepsi cola. I'll have to post this recipe with pictures. It's essentially a braised pork tenderloin with green peppers and onions. But the braising liquid is... you guessed it... Pepsi! Old childhood recipe from the Yols. So good with mashed potatoes.
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Foil Packet Tacos
Sunday - Black bean soup/Leftovers (never made the soup last week)

Some recipes to remember for next week's menu: Chicken sausage and pepper pasta bake and Dijon Pork Chops. Need to get these into the rotation!

What do yall have going on?

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts Michi.I always reference the blog when I need inspiration so I am going to try and be a better contributor. Often times with JP traveling, I don't cook for an entire week. This week, we went to the grocery store on Sunday so I have a few new recipes to share. Quick, easy and healthy is the theme in our house these days. It's TOO hot to be in the kitchen for too long (no AC), so I've been trying to get in and out.

    Sunday: Spinach and Feta stuffed Chicken (this was SO easy and surprisingly really tasty!) I can't find the recipe but here it is:

    - Saute Garlic in a little EVOO
    - Toss in fresh spinach and cook until wilted
    - Take 2 chicken breasts. Cut in half and pound until thin and even.
    - Put spinach/garlic mix on chicken breasts.
    -Sprinkle Feta on top (the more the better)
    - Roll like a burrito and stick with toothpick to secure
    - Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins

    Last night we did some simple grilled pork chops (pan fried in a little EVOO, garlic, rosemary and thyme) with Roasted Broccoli (this never gets old)

    Tonight I'm out.

    Wednesday is Kraft Taco-Cup night. Michi introduced this to me long ago and it is one of our favorite staples. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/taco-salad-made-over-90555.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbe-_-5_fav_rcps_made_smrtr-_-rc


    Thursday- off to Denver!

    Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!!

    ReplyDelete