Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Balsamic Fig Chicken


Making this new recipe tonight from Cooking Light... I've been craving figs so we'll see how it turns out. I will report back!


Balsamic Fig Chicken

Ingredients

  • 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter
  • 3/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup balsamic
  • 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped dried figs (or can use fresh)

Preparation

  1. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
  2. Reduce heat to medium; add butter to pan. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and figs. Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1 cup (about 3 minutes). Add 1 tablespoon thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve sauce over chicken.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh la la, looks delish! I love figs and I love Cooking Light. It's my absolute favorite.

    JP's travelling all weekend and I've got nothing to share...such a bore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm wonder what it means that you are craving figs.

    I also love that there are only 2 steps to this recipe. Already a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was sooo yummy. i made it with tomato couscous and steamed asparagus (my pee smells funny). next time I'd maybe use a little more onion and salt. i have leftovers and i'm really excited about eating them for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALSO the leftovers would be aahhhhhmazing in a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete