Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekly Menus!

First things first - Happy Birthday Lou!! Hope your day is filled with love and packing for Africa :)

Second, best news ever. My sisters are reading Hunger Games and are loving it. I love sharing books and hearing that people like them. Reading makes me happy, so it feels like passing on some happiness.

Finally, I took a sewing class that was so much fun and informative. I can't wait to keep practicing. Here's the finished product. It's just a 16x16 pillow, so pretty basic. But there's a hidden zipper, and I hope to keep practicing so I don't lose my skills. In a few months if I'm still going at it, perhaps I'll treat myself to a sewing machine.

And so without further ado, here's my menu for this week. I've learned that I really only cook 4 times. The rest of the week, we either eat leftovers or we eat out/order in. I think a good strategy is to plan on 4, but I keep things in the freezer (eg- meats that were on sale or *gasp* frozen pizzas) that I can whip up if we're staying in and cooking. So here are my meals for the week:

Monday - Zuppa Toscana
Tuesday - Buttermilk Roasted Chicken with steamed carrots with ginger butter
Wednesday - Shepherd's Pie (it's been a while!)
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - White fish special
Saturday - Out
Sunday - Steak and Sage-butter sweet potatoes

Side note- We're having brunch on Saturday with a couple that we met at Bubbles! So excited the classes introduced us to people!

4 comments:

  1. THANKS for the birthday wishes Michi! We're off for Africa on Friday morning so I stopped grocery shopping about 2 weeks ago so I've got nothing to add to Michi's delicious menu above, but I promise I'll be a good domestic goddess when I return home in March. Since I'm not cooking this week, I'll share one of my go-to recipes the last few months...I make it once a week.

    Vegetable Tian: Good old barefoot Contessa. This recipe is so easy, healthy, and SO delicious. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/vegetable-tian-recipe/index.html

    Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I also need you to post the mac and cheese recipe you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the couple from Bubbles class the girl who had the daughter named Olivia?? aka my future daughter's name..

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO! It's a different couple who transferred into our class a few weeks ago because their daughter was causing too much of a commotion in her other class. Which was ridiculous because it was just that she was already crawling, whereas the other babies were not. haha Bubbles.

    ReplyDelete