Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Week 25 Menu + Taco Bar

Hey hey hey! Hope everyone is enjoying the summertime! Things are pretty slow for us on the home front, but it's just the calm before the storm. We have to move out end of August and don't know where we're going to live yet. That's not panic inducing at all...

Things have been going great in the kitchen - hitting a great stride of bringing my lunch in to work, preparing the lunch for the girls before I leave, and then cooking dinner at night. Lunch for the girls is usually chicken soup (girlfriends LOVE soups and stews) or ground turkey with vegetables. Annelise hates potatoes right now so I have to work on that. We had friends over for a game night and I did a taco bar. I'll post all the recipes below.

Here's what we have this week:

Sunday: Beer Braised Brats and baked beans
Monday: Chinese takeout. It was glorious
Tuesday: I'm at a work event, will is tackling this bad boy: Butter Chicken. I'm having him just make the sauce, the chicken I already cooked and pulled so he'll pour the sauce over the pulled chicken.
Wednesday: Lou's Chicken Marbella and roasted broccoli
Thursday: Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo. Made this a few months ago and it was amazing.
Friday: Out or leftovers

and now.....

TACO BAR!

This was really fun and honestly rather easy to put together. I did start early on Saturday morning so it wasn't at all a rush before our friends came over. Below is the menu and a breakdown of when I started on what:

Chicken Ropa Vieja - cooked the chicken in the morning, and then heated on the skillet with peppers just before serving

Beth's Poblano and Mushrooms - cooked while the girls were napping (at around 4pm), heated just before serving

Green Rice with Corn - made at the same time as the Poblano and Mushroom filling

Kale, Brussel Sprout and roasted corn salad with cilantro dressing - I made up this recipe on the fly. I roasted some corn earlier in the day, then chopped up the kale and brussel sprouts, tossed the vegetables together. Then I made the cilantro dressing (dad's recipe) and served that with the salad and the tacos. I can't remember when I made this, but I think it was around 4pm as well.

It was all a huge success! Really fun way to entertain and I had everything prepped earlier in the day so when friends came over, it was a breeze.

Miss you all! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment