Friday, September 20, 2013

Korean Beef

Made this recipe last night after a work friend recommended it. SOOO good. Ryan was in the Clean Plate Club.



1 pound lean ground beef (I used bison)
1/4 cup brown sugar 
1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low-sodium so it wouldn't be too salty)1 Tablespoon sesame oil3 cloves garlic, minced1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (see note)1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (to desired spiciness)salt and pepper1 bunch green onions, diced (don't skip this!)White riceSriracha
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown meat with garlic in the sesame oil. Drain most of the fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red peppers. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions and sriracha



>> I added a container of sliced mushrooms to the meat/sauce, and I steamed broccoli on the side then tossed that in too.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! My mouth just watered. I'll be making this soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete