Monday, November 19, 2012

First Thanksgiving Menu!

I'm really excited about hosting Thanksgiving this year in our new house! Feels very grown up. Will's family begins arriving tomorrow, and I've already started cooking. Lela's stuffing is delicious but it's my first time making it so want to make sure I'm doing it right! Menu below:

Turkey- pretty standard, I'm going to try brining for the first time too!
Green Beans Casserole - I'm using the canned fried onions though. Why wouldn't I!?
Sweet Potatoes two ways: Sweet Potato Casserole and Brown Butter Sage. (I was forced into the casserole. Marshmallows. Ick.)
Louise's Kale Salad!
Lela's Stuffing! Involves slow cooked pork shoulder (either roasted or poached. I'm poaching), sourdough bread, olives, and potatoes. A lot of other ingredients, but those are the big ones. I'll post the recipe later.
For dessert, I'm making PWs Chocolate Sheet Cake! I'm not a pie person, so I told Will that he can help out in the pie department if he's jonesing for it.

I know Eli and Cris will be in Minneapolis and cooking Friday instead of Thursday. What's on the menu?

Beth, what's going in Dallas?

Louise, don't even bother telling us what's going on in Mexico. No one wants to hear it :)

1 comment:

  1. gahh we didnt get a chance to talk about this today! glad u posted it.

    those canned green onions are the bomb. use 'em, sister.

    i am also not a fan of the SP casserole. blech.

    chocolate cake yessssssss.

    that stuffing sounds f-ing amazing. i cant wait to see the recipe!

    LOUISE- youre in MEXICO??? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am so jealoussssssssssssssss.

    nothing is in dallas. ryan wants us to go. i dont wanna go! we're already going for xmas. ryan is annoyed that im not jogging the turkey trot w/ him at 8am on thanksgiving day. he was like, "well, what are u even gonna do instead?" SLEEP LATE, ENJOY SOME COFFEE IN THE BACKYARD, PLAY WITH FONZIE, ENJOY MY MOTHAEFFIN HOLIDAY, YO" i think i may have used those exact words when i responded.

    tonight is Friendsgiving at my house with a bunch of peeps. it's a breakfast-for-dinner potluck. im making THESE but with eggs, green onion, breakfast sausage, and smoked gouda:
    http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/breakfast-quiches-to-go/2360eb0a-6cd3-48e9-af48-56a0f4aa8718

    ive never made it before but dont they look awesome??

    MICHELLE- our thoughts will be with you while your visitors are at your house. im sending good vibes. good, relaxing, calming, peaceful, positive vibes. let me know if i should also send a police officer at any point. haha.

    ReplyDelete