Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm Back! Some new recipes to share...

Hello, hello!

I'm back...it's been awhile. This summer was a whirlwind and I seriously slacked in the home-made meals department. But I'm back on track and hoping to experiment with some new recipes. Here's my menu this week:

Sunday: Creamy Chicken Taquitos. I think these are my new favorite thing. While they are not the healthiest recipe in the book, the recipe itself makes 20 taquitos. I was stuffed after just 2 so they really aren't THAT bad and I added lot's of extra chicken for protein. They are baked and crispy and delicious. I even went all out with the ranch salsa dipping sauce. I froze half the mixture since JP and I certainly didn't need 20 of these.  Mmm, mmm good!

Monday: Broiled Cod with Parmesan and Herbs. The Tilapia that our grocery store had was farm raised in China which grossed me out so I went with local, fresh caught cod. Going to do some little baby potatoes (from Cape Cod Farmer's market) and salad with this.

Tuesday: Sloppy Joes (Ground Turkey and Manwich from a can. Not the most organic, but you can't beat it)

Wednesday: Out with Kim

Thursday: I've had cans of beans in my pantry for forever so I'm going to use them up and make Spicy Black Bean Burgers

Friday: Leftovers

Hopefully I can stay on track! Also shooting to make it to the gym 4x this week. Last week was a major fail with just one visit. I went this morning so I'm already doing much better....

Hope everyone is doing well! Happy FALL!!

xo

3 comments:

  1. ahhh those taquitos look bomb.. i need to make those. i LOVE sloppy joes- i would never hate on that. and you go girl for shooting for 4x at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yess weekly menus!! Love it. Weekend was out of whack because mom made a surprise visit, but here's what we're doing:

    Sunday: Ground Turkey Tacos (no recipe, just winged it)
    Monday: Moroccan Chicken - I'll post recipe later
    Tuesday: Tilapia with herbs and parmesan (Tilapia is frozen, don't judge :)
    Wednesday: Chicken drumsticks and mashed potatoes
    Thursday: Leftovers, clean out the fridge because....
    Friday-Sunday in Minneapolis visiting Eli and Alex!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday - Fried Goat Cheese Balls (http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/fried-goat-cheese-balls-with-honey-cocktails-2011) amaaaazzing. I went to a Spanish Tapas restaurant while I was in Denver the other week and I was determined to make these so I found this recipe. Didn't use pistachios and the sauce I used was 50/50 honey and sweet chili sauce. Delicious. I was too sick with a cold to eat anything else and so Mitch ate pizza too.

    Sunday - Ground Turkey Tacos too!
    Monday - Carne Molida
    Tuesday - Italian Chicken
    Wednesday - Salmon and veggies
    Thursday - Chicken Parmesan
    Friday - Out.

    ReplyDelete