Sunday, March 20, 2016

Beth's Weekly Menu - 3/20/2016

Managed to have a pretty healthy weekend! Ryan, on the other hand, had 4 Quesalupas from TacoBell on Friday and multiple donuts this morning. I had a bite of a Crunchwrap Supreme while he ate the quesalupas and it was gaaaa-ross. No thank ya- to the trash.

I have, however, been craving candy like a mofo all. weekend. long. Sort of a miracle that I'm not shoving Sour Patch Kids into my mouth right now.
We have a week of Skinnytaste recipes ahead of us...

Sunday- Ancini de Pepe leftovers
Monday- Thai basil chicken and rice
Wednesday- Book club- ryan on his own
Friday- Family in town! Trying to get a babysitter so we can go out to dins

Also have my eye on this Skinny Buffalo Chicken Strips recipe cause I think it would make Ryan really happy :)

5 comments:

  1. How did you like the Ancini de Pepe??

    Also how are the Quesalupas? Taco Bell is a client so the reveal was a pretty big deal :)
    Have you made the thai basil chicken before?? Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE Ancini de Pepe! Love love. I added too much pasta though. Good to have plenty of extra beef or chicken stock on hand. I added some tomato pasta and Italian herbs, as well.

      Quesalupas were dumb as hell. Like DUMB. It's not special. I love the name though. TacoBell is gross. If we're gonna get FAST FOOD Mexican... why would we not go to Taco Cabana?? Cmon.

      I haven't made the Thai Basil Chicken before! Everything above is new to me :)

      Delete
  2. tomato PASTE, i meant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious!
    I've made this Thai Basil before and it turned out pretty good: http://rasamalaysia.com/thai-basil-chicken-recipe-gai-pad-krapow/2/
    I used red chili paste and a little sweet chili instead of the jalapeƱos and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was that pomegranate brisket?

    The orecchiette dish from my menu was great. The tuscan white bean dish sucked.

    ReplyDelete