Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 45 Menu + Back to the routine

Hi everyone, I'm so exhausted I want to give up right now and crawl into a hole. Annelise was sick the entire car ride home from Minneapolis. Minneapolis was great and always so comforting to see Eli and Alex. The car ride home was terrifying. I had to pull over to the side of the road twice because of Annelise getting sick and it was already dark out so I had images going through my head of getting hit by an out of control 18-wheeler. Terrifying. We abandoned a sweatshirt on the side of the road because it was so covered in sick and there was no way in hell I was letting that in the car. Poor dear was sick when we got home too so she slept in my bed (after she got sick all over her crib) and I was so scared she'd choke on something I was up all night just staring at her. We struggled.

I took a whole wardrobe full of maternity clothes for Eli (whoop!) and we had pizza and cocktails (for Alex and me) and went to brunch with Brad. The girls had a blast and hearing Annelise say "Donde esta mi padrino?" is the most adorable thing I've ever heard.

Here's what we have going on this week - hope to stick to it as much as possible!

Monday: Order in
Tuesday: Baked Chicken Mushroom Skillet (didn't do this last week)
Wednesday: Zuppa Toscana. I know. AGAIN. It's so good and it's cold out.
Thursday: Chili
Friday: Lasagna (the frozen kind. yep.)

What are yall up to? xo

3 comments:

  1. i hope you're both feeling better today!!! take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make that zuppa toscana again. It sounds delicious and cozy after the snow storm we just had. I'm not making anything new this week… pretty boring over here. Hopefully I'll have more to report next week. Lots of love everybody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!

    mmm, i need to make the zuppa toscana again. so delicious.

    i've been a pretty uninspired chef these days. made PW's meatloaf on Sunday which was a big hit. added some onions for a little crunch.
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/09/my-favorite-meatloaf/

    also made Barefoot Contessa's lemon chicken again. it's so easy and delicious.
    http://barefootcontessa.com/recipes.aspx?RecipeID=632&S=0

    her new cookbook just came out and i can't wait to get my hands on it! i've heard there are some great new recipes and it's all "make ahead" which i love.

    this week is a wash with jp travel, nights out, and my parents arrival (FOR BLAKE'S FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!!! ahhhh, where did the time go?!?)
    but hope to get some new recipes in the rotation next week. stay tuned.

    Also, CONGRATULATIONS to all the pregnant mama's to be! So very excited for you girls.

    XX

    ReplyDelete