Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 41 Menu

Hello hello! Hope yall had a great weekend!

We had an awesome, jam packed weekend. Will and I went to dinner and saw Gone Girl on Friday. Really good. Then Saturday, we met with the contractor, went to a Bubbles class for Annelise and Amelia was the teacher's helper (by helper, I mean riled up Annelise and all the little kids to not pay attention and run around like chickens instead of participating in the class). Afterwards we went to a pumpkin patch with another family - Amelia and Nola are super friends even though they only see each other a couple of times a year. They love each other and it's so fun to see her form relationships. Saturday night I made white boy tacos and we watched The Walking Dead until 1am. Sunday was the marathon, we saw our friend running in it, then we met them up for margaritas and tacos at Big Star.


Lunches for Amelia have been going smoothly. I have a good rotation of pasta with peas (tortellini or elbow or something like that), sandwiches (peanut butter, turkey) or wraps (turkey, hot dog). Every once in a while, I'll do leftovers, but she had to have really liked it. My focus with her is protein - she doesn't naturally gravitate towards it so I have to make sure she's getting enough. I'll add in a fruit, cheese, carrot sticks, and a cookie- usually a few nilla wafers or a milano. She devours her lunch which I love to see. On Fridays, I've ordered her the hot lunch at her school to give me the day off. I keep an eye out for good/easy lunches though because I don't want to wear out the lunches I'm currently using! Any ideas are super welcome :)

Here's what I have on the menu for the week:

Monday: Shepherd's Pie
Tuesday: Slow cooker Tikka Masala - I have a Junior League event so this will be ready for Will and the girls.
Wednesday: Lou's Chicken Marbella 
Thursday: Honey Garlic Chicken
Friday: Out or leftovers

What have yall got going on? xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment