Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Testing Testing 1-2-3!

Hellooooo! I've missed this community! We gotta get back into it because it's summer/wedding season and I am a firm believer in menu planning being a step in the right weight loss/management direction. Gotta make this short and sweet though. My computer time is limited because of this little angel ...



so I want to maximize my time as a Domestic Goddess trainee. If I needed 30 minute meals before, now I need 15 minute meals. I have come to find that one can survive on granola bars, but it's not a pretty sight. Therefore, in an effort to regain control of my life (well, eating habits at least!), I am resuming the practice of meal planning! Plus, it'll help me shed the baby weight! So without further ado, here's my menu for the next week:

Thursday: Roasted chicken breasts with tarragon and green beans
Friday: (Teeners arrives!) Turkey burgers with baked fries
Saturday: Salmon a la Loulou (with dill yogurt sauce) and couscous
Sunday: (Teeners leaves :( Sad leftovers
Monday: Sausage and bell pepper pasta bake
Tuesday: Chicken in sherry sauce with rice
Wednesday: Leftovers

I know it's kind of a random day to start menu planning, but what have you guys been cooking while I've been MIA?

5 comments:

  1. Copy, I Copy...

    SO happy to see you back and posting. I've missed this blog too. I guess we could have continued on without you, but it didn't seem right. Nice job on that little one Michi- she's beyond precious and adorable and such a gift. I can't wait to meet her!

    While you've been away, I've been uninspired in the kitchen, but I did go back to my file to try a few things I'd been saving. My most favorite being "the best broccoli recipe" you sent me probably 2 years ago now. WHY did you not force me to try this earlier. I'm officially in LOVE with this and have made it about 3x per week for the last month. For anyone who hasn't tried it, here is the link. It's simple, quick, and delicious. Tastes like french fries! http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2008/11/the_best_brocco.html

    I also referenced the blog and made the asian chicken dish posted a while ago. It was good although I'm a little weary of oyster sauce...it kind of grosses me out.

    One more thing I've recently been snacking on, this banana bread. Mich and I have made this one for years. It's simple and delicious- worth every calorie!

    http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/

    I'll post my other favorite banana choco-chip muffin recipe soon. It's a WW recipe and perfect for that carby snack without the oil and fat of the aforementioned banana bread!

    Good to be back... I've got a goal of 10 lbs to loose before this wedding in October so any low-cal, must eat recipes I'd LOVE to hear about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That broccoli is amazzzzing. David hates broccoli but even he liked this recipe!

    Lou post the muffin recipe so that I can get my banana bread fix in a WW friendly way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellooo Domestic Goddesses!! I'm glad we're sharing our recipes and tips again!

    The year of changes has continued for me. I started a new job in Recruiting and after a month and a half decided that it was not for me. The required 1-2 hours of telemarketing a day was depressing me... i hang up on telemarketers when they call me. I resigned today, and decided to re-prioritize! I have an interview tomorrow at a non-profit organization called Clean Water Action. So please send me your rockstar vibes!!!

    For a healthy recipe, Louise, Michelle makes a really delicious cauliflower soup. I think its just onions, chicken broth, and cauliflower. Is that right? Pretty simple and healthy, but delicious!!!

    I am eating left overs this weekend because Alex is going out of town. And tonight we are going to a bbq. I promise to post the menu for next week.

    Lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Eli! I know how hard it is to 'resign' but I had a very similar situation a few years ago. Similarly, it was a lot of cold calling and was totally depressing. You should be proud of yourself for identifying that and following your intuition. Life is too short to have a job that you hate. You are so smart and wise that any company would be lucky to have you. This little "blip" will lead to great things...there is no doubt about that!

    Cauliflower soup...michi gave me that recipe! I've only tried it once but will have to again.

    All this talk about the broccoli I'm going to have to make it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome backkkkk!!! feel free to do daily picture posts of ameliaaaaa.

    i make this broccoli too! it's so yumm-ay.

    cauliflower soup may be the only way i can eat that stuff- BLENDED. someone once told me that it looks just like genital warts, and ive never been able to look at it the same since. yep, i said it. i dont wanna be the only one with it burned into my brain.

    elisa- i envy you. I'D LOVE TO RESIGN!!! you GO glenn coco!!!

    ReplyDelete