Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Zucchini Bread


Makin' zucchini bread for Ryan tonight. He has been making an effort to help me cook really healthy meals now that it's summer, so when he asked for zucchini bread, I said ok. I usually hate having baked goods around b/c I have no self control. But I'm really not going to eat this stuff cause it's Paula Deen's recipe- so you know it's pretty much the worst one (and most delicious one) out there!

Ingredients

  • 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Zucchini bread is one of my all time favorites. It's supper fatty, but worth every ounce of oil. Beth, tell me you tried it...just a little taste?!?! Baked goods are my weakness!

    I bet Amelia will love baked goods too!(Can't get that precious little girl off my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried a little! it was AMAZING. the paula deen recipe makes it crispy on top and it's incredible. good thing ryan will devour it all in no time.

    cris and eli-- we need an Amelia update from yall. STAT!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete