Sunday, December 14, 2014

Week 50 Menu! 50!

I can't believe it's almost the New Year, but more importantly it's almost Christmassss!! We leave for Nicragua in almost a week (who's counting!?) and will be there through New Years and I'm so excited to get out of the cold.

This weekend was supa busy - our company holiday party was on Friday. Started drinking at 11am, stopped at 8pm. I'm still hurting. Then Saturday was our friends' annual Kissmas party so more drinks. Today we had brunch with Santa - Annelise would have none of the Italian Santa. Tonight we tried to go to Zoolights but the traffic/parking was so bad we bailed. We'll go again sometime this week when it's less crowded.

Amelia asked for a dog and a pink dress. Annelise just hung on to me for dear life.

I've had a lot of after work holiday events (one last week involved a shopping spree at a high end cosmetics/beauty store- um yes!), and I'm supposed to have more this week though I might cancel. This is what I have going on this week for food:

Sunday: Irish Beef Stew with mashed potatoes
Monday: Roasted Chicken in walnut sauce
Tuesday: Whiteboy Tacos
Wednesday: Meatloaf meatballs
Thursday: Leftovers for Will and the girls, I'm going out with a friend.
Friday: Out for a friend's bday - hopefully not too late of a night!
Saturday: Shrimp Scampi

What do yall have going on?? xo

3 comments:

  1. Hi loves,

    I just want to say that I'm endlessly impressed with you Michi-- a full time mom, a full time job, a full time friend and sister, and ALL of these delicious meals every night. You inspire to me to do better. Just thought you should know.

    This week is a hodge-podge. I'm out every night and we leave Thursday AM for Denver (yay Christmas!) But last week I made this amazing soup and wanted to share. It's just what everyone needs on these cold winter nights.

    Smitten Kitchen's lentil soup with sausage, chard (I used KALE) and garlic
    http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/01/lentil-soup-with-sausage-chard-and-garlic/

    Best part was that it was even better the day after :)

    I also made peanut butter and chocolate double decker fudge yesterday for holiday gifts for friends! It was my first fudge attempt and I think it turned out great (or so JP Says). It's kind of hard to mess up fudge- its just sugar, butter and chocolate! Here's the recipe!

    http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/12/double-decker-chocolate-peanut-butter-fudge.html

    Merry Christmas to all of you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Lou that's nice of you to say though let's be super clear there are things that just don't get done- the girls do not get a bath every night, our vegetable intake is not where it should be, and sometimes my books get more attention than my husband. We're all works in progress though right?? :)

    that soup looks amazing!! i'll add that to try either next week or when we're back from Nicaragua!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like that roasted chicken recipe... do not recommend it. Hope everyone is having a good week!! xo

    ReplyDelete