Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 38 Menus

Hi everyone, hope yall had a good weekend! We had a lot going on, but at the same time, felt like nothing really happened :) Friday I randomly saw Julie on the train so we grabbed a drink on the way home. That was fun and so nice to see her and catch up. Saturday, Ballet and Bubbles, then Will took me shopping for pants for Abu Dhabi. Those bad boys were at Nordstrom Rack for $69! Whoop! Got a few other ones. Tight pants are not allowed (neither are bare arms or cleavage) so I needed to get some new things to wear.

Saturday night we had a date night. We went to Osteria Langhe and then to a bar. Great to get out and have a real conversation. Then yesterday we went to mass then to lunch in Vernon Hills with the Callejas. Since we leave for Abu Dhabi this Thursday night, it'll be a short week for us and the girls are headed out to Minneapolis with mom to see the Taveras!! Lucky girls.

Sunday: Leftovers for the girls, Will and I scavenged - we were so full from lunch!
Monday: Irish Beef Stew (didn't make it last week.)
Tuesday: Chancho en pepsi cola
Wednesday Beth's Korean Beef
Thursday-Sunday: Out of town!!

What do yall have going on?? xo

3 comments:

  1. Great pants Michi! I can't wait to hear how Abu Dhabi is! What an adventure! And I am dying to try that Irish Beef Stew. Maybe we can make it with the girls this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiii everyone!

    Love the pants Michi. I'm sure they look great on you! Also love your weekly posts-- they motivate me to get cookin'! Since we are finally back from our crazy summer out West, I'm settling back in for Fall and hoping to cook healthy dinners at least a couple times a week. Here is a round-up of a few things I've tried in the past few weeks (or at least the ones worth reporting on)

    - Fish Tacos -- these were delicious! Loved the guacamole cilantro sauce and used the leftovers on chicken the next night. I also used halibut vs. tilapia
    http://hostthetoast.com/blackened-fish-tacos-avocado-cilantro-sauce/

    - Sante Fe Slow Cooker Chicken: this was so easy, healthy and delicious! (B liked it too!) I served it on a bed of spinach for some extra greens and a little rice and cheese. Great for leftovers too!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

    Here are the things I'm making this week:

    MEATLOAF: i love a good classic meatloaf and I bet B will too!
    http://gimmesomeoven.ziplist.com/recipes/classic-meatloaf/516a4540-5d16-012e-2acf-12313b088211

    Crock Pot Minestrone: I'm really making an effort to make some good crock pot recipes. They are so easy and I love having a hot meal ready and waiting after putting B to sleep. And leftovers too!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/11/crock-pot-minestrone-soup.html

    Hope everyone is doing well!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy!! To Louise and Eli on the Irish Stew, I've been making it in the slow cooker the last few times and it's so easy. I just leave the peas and slurry for when the meat is finished and the turn to High heat until the peas are ready and slurry is combined. Thanks for sharing the recipes Lou!!

    ReplyDelete